Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
BEST PLACE TO BUY AN ENGAGEMENT RING IN DALLAS
HOW TO SHOP FOR AN ENGAGEMENT RING IN DALLAS, TX?
- Know your budget- Starting with the mindset of keeping within your budget will east this whole ring buying process
- Research Engagement Ring trends- Classic vs. Modern. Get ideas from your partners family and friends. Utilize Pinterest or Instagram to see current trends or what your partner likes
- Purchase from a Wholesale Diamond and Jewelry Store – Research local wholesale diamond dealers and wholesale jewelry stores then make sure to set up an appointment. Never purchase from branded retail stores- you’ll end up paying more to accommodate their large overhead costs
- Learn about the 4 C’s of Diamonds- Carat, Cut, Color and Clarity – Figure out what carat weight fits your budget without sacrificing on the quality of the diamond
- Pick a Diamond shape- Round, Oval being the trendiest. Followed by Fancy Shapes such as Pear, Radiant, Cushion, Princess or Marquise.
- Choose a metal- Look for what metal your significant other wears the most when wearing jewelry. It could be White Gold, Yellow Gold, Rose Gold or Platinum
- Pick a setting – For a classy look, go for a Tiffany or Cathedral Solitaire settings. For a modern look, pick between Halo or Pave style ring settings – we have a variety of Ring Settings on our website to choose from
- Custom Designed Engagement Rings – If you would like to create and personalize the ring setting, then we would recommend our in house Custom Designing options
- Know the Finger Size – If the ring is too big or too small, it could put a damper the whole proposal. Find other rings that your partner wears to get an idea of size
- Finalize time frame for proposal – Be clear with your jeweler about your proposal date and make sure you have enough time between purchasing your ring and the proposal.
- Get Insurance – Most places offer an Appraisal that comes with purchase. Make sure to get it insured ASAP to prevent any future loss
BEST PLACE TO BUY AN ENGAGEMENT RING IN DALLAS, TX?
- Avoid shopping name brand stores and big retail stores- you’ll be paying for the brand name rather than quality of product
- Always shop at a Wholesale Diamond Dealer such as Diamond and Gold Warehouse
- How to buy diamonds wholesale, we will guide you and teach you the basics of the 4 C’s and diamond buying. They can show you many options that you can compare and contrast
- Shopping wholesale will give you the biggest bang for your buck
- To get the BEST quality for your money, shop Wholesale Diamonds Dallas and see our selection at Diamond and Gold Warehouse!
BEST WAYS TO SAVE FOR AN ENGAGEMENT RING IN DALLAS, TX?
- Create a Budget and goal
- Open a separate savings account, title it “Future Engagement Ring”
- Set up automatic transfers bi-weekly or monthly
- Avoid purchasing other jewelry for birthdays or holidays in order to make this purchase more affordable
HOW MUCH SHOULD I SPEND ON AN ENGAGEMENT RING IN DALLAS, TX?
- Don’t buy into the “3-month salary” rule
- Research options that are compatible with your finances and budget
- Spend on quality, not quantity
- Opt out of financing the diamond ring- you will end up paying for more than you bargained for
- Choose something right under the 1.00 carat mark- Diamonds that are under a carat like 0.89 – 0.98 Carats will typically cost you less
DO I HAVE TO PURCHASE A CERTIFIED DIAMOND?
- It’s recommended but not necessary to purchase a Certified Diamond
- Most recognized grading laboratories are GIA, EGL USA and AGS
- You have ease of mind with a certified diamond as you will always have clear knowledge of the characteristics of the stone
- Diamonds that are accompanied by certificates have a higher chance of reselling in the market
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT CENTER STONE?
- Of course! You can always use your partners birthstone
- Lab Created Diamonds or Man Made Diamonds are trending and very budget savy. We are the Best place to buy Lab created diamonds in Dallas.
- Blue Sapphires or fiery Red Rubies are amongst the top picks
- Fancy Yellow Diamonds are a great alternative for people who love that bright sparkling canary color
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET MY RING CLEANED?
- We recommend getting your ring(s) cleaned and inspected every six months or once a year depending on the Warranty
- Most jewelers offer complimentary cleaning and basic maintenance of the ring for many years after purchase
- Only take your rings to the jeweler you purchased from